Password protected directory
To activate a password protected area on your hosting account you can manually add an .htaccess and a .htpasswd file or you can log in to your control panel (webmin).
Follow the directions here:
- Click on Webmin Modules
- Click on Protected Web Directories
- Click on Add protection for a new directory.
- Choose your Directory path.
- Select your .htpasswd file ( or just leve it as it is " Choose automatically " )
- Choose your Password encryption
- Type your Authentication realm ( example: Private area )
- Choose with users in the .htpasswd file to have access to your area. ( or just leve it at " All users in file " )
Now you are finished. you got a password protected are on your hosting account.
Was this answer helpful?
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution